Error?

I began working on a sheet for HMB, last night, and I added some of the text boxes which can be attached to lists. I was able to get 2 of the boxes set up properly, and then tested the page through the viewer, which gave me a JS runtime error.

I went back to the editor, to work on the sheet some more, but all of the new text field boxes I added cannot be selected in the editor, so I now cannot point them to a list. I cannot move them, edit them, or delete them (can only get rid of them through the UNDO function).

I am using XP, but am not sure what the deal is.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Any idea on this? No one else has had this problem?
  • The JS error means that one of your field formulas - which are javascript based formulas - isnt working right. Try posting the actual formulas you're using so we can see if there's a problem with them.
  • Ed_NBOS wrote:
    The JS error means that one of your field formulas - which are javascript based formulas - isnt working right. Try posting the actual formulas you're using so we can see if there's a problem with them.

Honestly, I haven't even gotten that far. I set up a field text box, attached a list to it. Tested it, got the JS Runtime Error, saw that the list worked

I then went and added some more text boxes, but once I got them onto the sheet, I cannot select them or otherwise manipulate them. The only way I can remove them, aside from undo, is drag select, with the box tool, and that highlights the top border points only, not the corners of the text box. I then delete it.

No other field text boxes that I add will work on this sheet.

I am on a different machine, at a different location, today. If I can remember, in the morning, I will bring a copy of the problem sheet with me to campus and upload it here.
  • I, again, tried to work with this sheet, last night.

Just could not do anything with the field text boxes, beyond the first two I did...class, and level.
  • any further ideas from anyone?
  • One issue I have had before was that after an error, some (or all) the text boxes will "invert" themselves afterward. In that the bottom line was lined up near perfect with the top line so that even though you could see the pink box, the actual selection box was raised all the way to the top.

Try using the area select tool and draw a box/line with it right through the offending text area and it should let you select it to be able to resize the text area (if that is in fact the problem)

I would recommend then checking through any formula you may have. That javascript error would have been caused by either a formula your using, or an error in one of your lists.

Hope that helps.

Leave a Comment