Can you drag the map?

I find myself trying to move the map across the program's viewable area with the mouse. Is this possible? Maybe some combo key to give me a grabber? Or is using the scroll bars the only way to move the map?

Thanks,

-Bill

Comments

• Berentain wrote:
    I find myself trying to move the map across the program's viewable area with the mouse. Is this possible? Maybe some combo key to give me a grabber? Or is using the scroll bars the only way to move the map?

Again, if I understand what you want to do correctly, I would do the following:

1. Make all layers visible and selectable.
    2. Use Ctrl + A to mark everything.
    3. Use the mouse to move it.

However, this applies only if you really want to move the map as opposed to just scrolling it.
  • Thanks Mark. I'm not really looking to move all the objects on the map, but rather move the location of the workspace over the map. For instance if I have 500 foot map and I'm zoomed in to a 30 foot square to work on the details of a room and I next want to work on a room 100 feet away I want to be able to do a sort of ctrl+drag (or some other key+drag) to move my working area to another section of the map. Very much like the hand in google maps except for we would need a hot key to enable the hand. For now I guess I'll use the zoom tool to zoom out and back in to where I want to work next. BTW thanks again for helping me figure out the zoom tool.

-Bill

Leave a Comment