Leading spaces in Inline Tables

I sometimes want to use an inline table which may or may not give a result. For example:
The building was originally constructed by a local guild to house its newer members[||\_and is still owned by the guild].

But that gives this result:
The building was originally constructed by a local guild to house its newer membersand is still owned by the guild.

As you can see, the space at the start of the inline option is missing, causing the words to run together. This happens whether I use the escape underscore or just put a space. I could put the space outside the brackets, but in the case where the blank option is selected, that would leave an extra space:
The building was originally constructed by a local guild to house its newer members .

Is there a way to make a leading space appear from an inline pick? Using 3.01b on Windows.

Comments

• Hi jdale,

Plugging in some HTML should help:
    The building was originally constructed by a local guild to house its newer members[|| and is still owned by the guild].

p.s. Very impressed by your generators! Keep 'em coming!
  • Good thought! That works. Makes me think there is a bug in the handling of \_ but at least it is an easy workaround.

I will post something new shortly!

Leave a Comment