Object Fill Styles - Bug?

The fill styles appear zoomed in way too close. I've tried using the Scale slider and then clicking Apply, but nothing happens. Is this a bug?

Comments

• Turns out, I didn't have the object selected before trying to apply. So, I got that working now. But, I'm having trouble using the Bevel menu. No matter which width setting I use, the object becomes extremely pixelated. It looks nothing like the objects shown in the tutorial.
  • waldiddy wrote:
    Turns out, I didn't have the object selected before trying to apply. So, I got that working now. But, I'm having trouble using the Bevel menu. No matter which width setting I use, the object becomes extremely pixelated. It looks nothing like the objects shown in the tutorial.

Unfortunately, there are quite a number of very weak spots in the special effects of FM8, particularly when they are used on raster objects that are below a certain size level. What you're mentioning is one of them. I don't think you'll find a solution to this problem or a workaround in FM8. Let's hope that the special effects are improved substantially whenever FM9 appears.
  • Interesting ... after I posted my question, I noticed that bevelling looks OK when used on a rectangle drawn on the 200' x 200' dungeon template, but not so great on a new sheet that's 2000' x 2000' .
  • waldiddy wrote:
    Interesting ... after I posted my question, I noticed that bevelling looks OK when used on a rectangle drawn on the 200' x 200' dungeon template, but not so great on a new sheet that's 2000' x 2000' .

Exactly. You'll find that the same thing happens with shadows and blurs. The special effects are an area that are in big need of attention when FM9 is being put together.

Leave a Comment