Appearance generator

Here's an .ipt for generating the age, gender, and physical features of humans. There's no logic comparing the skin tone and hair color, my intent is to duplicate some of the tables for different racial groups and then limit the possibilities in each accordingly. Age affects hair color and male facial hair, though. Perhaps it will be of use to others. Probably by the time I grow it into a full NPC generator it will be too setting-specific to be generally useful.

Here's some sample output:

He is an adult (26) with short unkempt brown hair and no facial hair, green eyes, fair complexion, and is tall and broad-shouldered.
He is an adult (21) with long unkempt white hair and a gray long beard, green eyes, brown complexion, and is slight of build.
He is a child (11) with braided strawberry blonde hair, hazel eyes, pale white skin tone, and is unusually small.
She is middle aged (63) with short unkempt gray hair, green eyes, black skin tone, and average height and build.
He is an adult (39) with short straight auburn hair and stubble, blue eyes, very dark brown skin, and average height and build.
She is an adult (48) with long curly dark brown hair, green eyes, olive skin tone, and is a bit short.

Comments

• Here's a version for dwarves. You'll probably want to change the ages based on your assumptions about dwarven lifespans and how fast they reach maturity. I also added height and weight (because I never know what "tall" means when I am talking about a dwarf) although only for adults (height become complicated when you are including children) and tattoos. Could use more tattoo ideas though! Sample output:

He is an adult (131) with long auburn hair and a neatly trimmed black beard, hazel eyes, tanned skin tone, and is tall and broad-shouldered (4'7", 168 lbs). He has tattoos on his arms and chest of an ancient abstract design and six hexagons.
    He is an adult (144) with unkempt chestnut hair and lighter sidewhiskers and mustache, gray eyes, tanned toned skin, and a medium build (4'8", 149 lbs).
    He is an adult (102) with short auburn hair and a long chin beard, blue eyes, tanned toned skin, and is fat (4'9", 187 lbs).
    She is middle aged (211) with shoulder-length black hair and a sideburns, brown eyes, tanned complexion, and is curvy (4'6", 149 lbs).
    He is middle aged (246) with long, braided graying brown hair and a goatee, blue eyes, ruddy skin tone, and is tall and lean (4'9", 123 lbs).
    He is an adult (80) with long brown hair and darker sidewhiskers and mustache, hazel eyes, white toned skin, and is slender (4'6", 124 lbs).
    She is an adult (190) with long and tangled auburn hair and no beard, blue eyes, dirty skin, and is curvy (4'5", 143 lbs). He has tattoos all over his body of a flaming skull, a hawk, a broken hammer, a dagger and a sealed box.
    She is a child (9) with long, braided auburn hair, blue eyes, light brown skin tone, and is fat.
  • Gender was wrong for the tattoo descriptions for female dwarves. Fixed, use the link in the original message to get the updated version.

Leave a Comment