Family

I'm working on a sandbox style setting, so I've been making generators as needed. This one determines who lives in the household of a given individual specified as a child, young adult, adult, or mature adult. Made from scratch. Examples:

Children:

Lives with parents, 6 brothers and an unrelated female orphan whose mother moved to another town or village to (re)marry.

Lives with adult brother who is previously married, but spouse passed away due to poor health, with no children. Has 6 brothers and an unrelated female orphan whose mother moved to another town or village for an apprenticeship. Father died in a goblin attack and mother joined the military and was killed in battle.

Lives with parents, one brother.

Lives alone with no siblings in household, one sister is a wanted criminal for horse theft. Father is a wanted criminal for banditry and mother passed away due to poor health.

Adults:

Previously married, but spouse is a wanted criminal for arson. Living with grandparents.

Married. Has one daughter. Living with grandparents.

Married. Has no children in household, one daughter died in a goblin attack. Living with adult brother who is married, with 4 sons, and one son who was executed for heresy.

Previously married, but spouse joined a religious order. Has no children in household, one son was executed for heresy. Living with grandfather.

Married. Has no children in household, one son passed away due to poor health. Living with grandfather.

Unmarried, but has a young daughter, living with grandparents..

Comments

• Thanks! Might use it as part of generating backgrounds for PCs and NPCs.

• This is brilliant, well done.

I always wanted to see something like this tied into Character Sketcher to populate entire villages and towns.

Leave a Comment