Formatting output to use image files.

I have made a monster database file that other files draw from. I am trying to add monster images into the database.
I am using standard HTML code and I get the white box of correct size with the alt label on the box but not the image.

White Ape\n Ape, white [@B30ApeWhite]

any idea why this is not working?

Comments

• this is my code

• My guess would be that the path to the image is wrong, but I'd have to see the code to assess.

• that is the highlighted in blue code... I can pull up the image in a browser tab... it is only E:\IPP\B30ApeWhite.jpg

• Use double backslashes instead of single ones in the image path. See the examples in https://forum.nbos.com/discussion/1604/images-in-table-results#latest

So:
    "E:\\IPP\\B30ApeWhite.jpg"

instead of
    "E:\IPP\B30ApeWhite.jpg"

This prevents IPP from interpreting the slashes as parts of special codes.

Also, if the letter after your slashes is "a", use a capital "A" instead of lower case to prevent it being interpreted as the special \a code.

• You should also be able to use forward slashes for the image path. The standard on Windows is the backslash, but Windows also supports Linux-style forward slash paths in most cases.

• It works now THANK YOU jdale!!!

• Late to the party, but the first thing I thought was the double backslash thing. Ran into that way back when on a rune image generator. Good to know that solves the image issue.

Leave a Comment